The Halloween season is a busy time in downtown Denton with many festivities and special events at various places. Safety is key to having a good time and we want to remind you of some safety tips to keep you and your goblins safe in downtown and anywhere this season.
1. It's getting dark sooner, so be sure to wear bright, reflective colors or carry flashlights.
2. Use cross-walks anywhere you are walking in downtown or in the city.
3. Do not cross against the crosswalk signal and always look for turning traffic even when the signal says Walk.
4. Always hold hands, especially with the little ones.
5. Always look twice or thrice when crossing any street.
6. Stay on sidewalks, except when using a crosswalk.
7. Pay attention, can't say it enough, pay attention. Look up, not at phones or other things on the ground!
Practice these safety tips tomorrow on the Downtown Denton Square as merchants will be offering trick or treating opportunities to the community from 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm. More information on participating merchants here: https://goo.gl/VShBD7
For more information on hip happenings in Downtown Denton, visit our friends at Discover Denton for their full events calendar.