We are gearing up for another Backpack Drive this year to benefit Denton ISD. The drive will be from Monday, July 11th until Thursday, August 4th. Patrons are encouraged to donate backpacks at participating locations and check out the special offers at some places for the businesses who make donations!
- Half Pint Children's Boutique: 318 E. Oak Street, Suite 130A
- The Mellow Mushroom Denton: 217 E Hickory St
- American National Bank & Trust:120 S Carroll Blvd
- Cookie Crave: 519 S Locust St.
- Denton Vintage Market: 330 Sunset street
- Texas Regional Bank: 320 Eagle Dr. Suite 100
- Susie's Snack Shop: 509 S. Locust Street
- Patchouli Joe's Books & Indulgences: 221 W. Hickory St
- Regenrus: 100 W. Oak Street #G-110
- Salted Sanctuary Soap: 525 n elm st
- 97 Land Company: 109 N. Elm St.
- UNT CoLab: 207 N. Elm St
- Scott Brown Commercial: 1400 Dallas Drive
- Stoke Denton: 608 E Hickory St Suite 128
- Workbench, LLC: 813 North Locust
- Medina's Barbershop: 514 N Locust St
- d20 Tavern: 112 West Oak St.
- Ryan Everet Insurance: 121 Hann St.
At DMSA, it is integral to our mission that we continue to support our local community and the commerce and members that operates within it. With that, we are proud to share our Support Local page, where supporters of DMSA can come to learn more about Shop Small, upcoming give-back programs we will be partnering on with fellow community organizations and/or local businesses.
We appreciate your support of Denton’s local businesses now and in the future. Additionally, check out the Directory page on the website for more DMSA member businesses. Anyone with questions or needing clarification should contact the business directly.
Attention Businesses: Please be sure you are staying updated from the City and the County by checking their official website pages with updated information guidelines and prevention practices. Here is a helpful link to the City of Denton Economic Development page on small business support from various sources, disaster relief, Texas Workforce Commission and more: City of Denton Economic Development.
Shop Small Saturday is November 27th
The holidays are just around the corner and brings with it the excitement of shopping, dining with friends and family, supporting local businesses and charities. For Downtown Denton, Shop Small Saturday is a big day for businesses and it is a great way to support local!
How it works
Shop, dine, or patronize any downtown business within the downtown and certain participating businesses will offer specials and discounts with the presentation of a receipt from another downtown small business that day.
Use this map to navigate to participating businesses.
Please note: Downtown businesses may have hours that vary on Shop Small Saturday. Some specials and discount offers may have limitations at varying businesses.
First People's Jewelers
117 N. Elm St.
Discount and gift with purchase
122 E. McKinney St.
We’ll have The Texas Craft Brewers Guild’s coveted 2021 Limited Edition Pint
410 N Bell Ave
Buy one food item, get one free (of equal or lesser value).
Patchouli Joe's Books & Indulgences
221 W. Hickory St.
One entry per receipt - Enter a drawing for a prize package
316 E Oak St
10% off purchase and gift drawing entry-
108 W Oak Street #101
Gift Basket Drawing
Rose & Thorn Clothing Co
216 W. Oak St.
Free gift with purchase. Receive a $10 credit when you spend over $50.
207 Elm St.
15% off, excluding consignment and fun GWP's!
Susie's Snack Shop
507 S. Locust Street
Free Dog Accessory with proof of purchase from another downtown small business
Soma Massage Therapy
529 Malone St #119
Stop by our "Small Business Saturday with Santa" event 11/27 from 10:00 - 1:00 for a sale on all massage gift certificates, FREE photos with Santa, and a chance to win a free 1 hour massage! Show a receipt from a purchase made at another downtown Denton business for another entry in our free massage drawing.
The Palm Tree Boutique
119 N. Elm. St.
Recycled Books, Records, CDs
200 N. Locust St.
Jeff Gamble Photography - 1948 Studios
215 N. Cedar St.
The Gracious Mind
608 E Hickory St
Use code "ShopSmallTGM" to receive 20% off our online shop at The Gracious Mind when you spend $10 or more! Valid 11.27.21 - 11.29.21 only. Limit 1 per customer.
Tried and True Salon
110 W. Oak St. Suite A
$10 discount for any service *on* Saturday November 27th - call ahead or book today at https://www.triedntruesalon.com/
Denton County Brewing Co.
200 E. McKinney St.
10% off beer to go
Ironwood Axe Throwing
122 N. Locust St.
20% off if you show a receipt from a downtown business.
109 W. Hickory Street
20% off total purchase
Denton Community Market
317 W. Mulberry
LJ Artisan Designs
In honor of Small Business Saturday, every customer who makes a purchase with LJ Artisan Designs on Saturday, November 27th will be entered to win a $40 gift certificate to be used toward a future purchase (expires December 31, 2021). Shop now at www.LJArtisanDesigns.com
111 West Hickory St.
They will be entered into a drawing for a holiday gift
Les Muses Vintage
121 N Elm St.
Entry into drawing for giveaway.
Why Shop Local? The Facts
We could spend all day talking about why you should shop local, but the facts speak for themselves. When you shop local, you help keep your community thriving, which keeps everyone happy. Check out a few interesting facts from our friends at City of Denton below.
- Only one in six adults purchases locally available products and services. If just half the Denton population spent $50 each month in Denton's independently owned stores, their purchases would generate more than $6.5 million dollars per year in sales.
- Each time you spend money on dining, retail, or entertainment, you are charged an 8.25 percent sales tax. A portion of that sales tax goes to the city in which you buy the goods or services. When you shop in Denton, you support our city services such as the police and fire departments, streets, libraries, and parks.
*International Trade Administrations