It’s prime summertime in Denton, which means we’re always down for a cool treat! We’ve rounded up some top-notch picks for where to get your chill on in Denton:
1. West Oak Coffee Bar
- What it is: A long-time local favorite, West Oak Coffee Bar offers espresso drinks, beer on tap and light bites in a cozy atmosphere.
- What to try: Check out their summer menu featuring the Matcha Marias, Mangonade, Tropical Storm and Summer Tonic. If you’re in the mood for something to munch on, try their vegan hummingbird bread or a homemade scone.
- Where to find it: Right on the square, 114 W. Oak St., Denton, TX, 76201
2. Juice Lab
- What it is: Denton’s very own organic juice bar offering an array of 50+ juices, smoothies, teas, cleanses and natural baked goods.
- What to try: Headliners on the menu are the Powerberry and Fill Me Up Buttercup smoothies. They also offer a summer detox lemonade to get you up-and-running when you need it.
- Where to find it: 115 S. Elm St., Denton, TX, 76201 (A food truck parked in front of Sweetwater Grill & Tavern on the corner of Walnut and S. Elm St.)
3. The Cookie Crave
- What it is: The Cookie Crave is where it’s at. Support local and stop in for the gourmet cookies of your dreams (including nut-free and vegan-friendly options!).
- What to try: Make sure to snag one of their top sellers: white chocolate snickerdoodle or chocolate chip. Follow along on social media for special treats, like s’mores Rice Krispies treats!
- Where to find it: 519 S Locust St, Denton, TX 76201
4. Atomic Candy
- What it is: Right on the Denton Square, Atomic Candy will take you back in time with their nostalgic bottled soda, modern & retro candy, and fun gifts.
- What to try: Browse their unique assortment of sodas — there are over 60 different root beers and 250+ types of sodas! Pair it with your favorite candy and park it on the couch for a DIY budget-friendly movie night.
- Where to find it: Right on the square at 105 W Hickory St, Denton, TX 76201
5. Gnome Cones
- What it is: Better than your average snow cone, Gnome Cones offers all-natural, gnome-shaped frozen treats. GF and DF options, too!
- What to try: Don’t miss their adult snow cones (yep, really) like Lemon Lime or Goblinberry. They also have a soft serve of the month!
- Where to find it: 205 N Elm St, Denton, TX 76201
6. Beth Marie's
- What it is: Serving up scoops since 1998, Beth Marie’s Old Fashioned Ice Cream is Denton’s favorite ice cream shop with over 130 different flavors.
- What to try: Next time you stop in, try ordering your fave scoop sandwiched between two mouth-watering chocolate chip cookies.
- Where to find it: 117 W Hickory St, Denton, TX 76201
Denton Main Street Association is proud to support the Denton businesses that keep our historic downtown going.
Planning on making a stop to any of these joints? Be sure to tag them (and us!) on social media! Let us know what you get!
Author: Jessica Frankson | Aspiro Agency